Friday, June 22, 2007

Improving the Silence


"Don't speak unless you can improve the silence..." -English proverb

If I have learned nothing else during this fast, I have surely recognized the superfluity of most of what I would have spent my time saying. James 3 is one of the most clear statements from the Word of God concerning the power of the spoken word in our lives. However, less commonly known but synonymous in importance is Ephesians 4-5. I encourage you guys to read both of these passages. Five minutes worth of reading + receiving + responding in the mundane is how change happens, both in great and small things. This, though it seems like a small thing, happens to be the Great Stumbling Block.

...Little did I know that two days after creating this post, Mike Bickle would teach on the exact same thing at our Sunday service. He said it so clearly, please listen to it--don't worry... you have the time: click here to get the message!

No comments: