Sunday, May 13, 2007

Just Passing By


This weekend I went to Reno to visit my dad for his birthday. His birthday was actually on May 5th, but I had to be in KC until Wednesday, so I flew out on Thursday and surprised the whole gang. No one knew I was coming but my best friend Kellie, so it was really fun.
My dad is a cookie making machine. He's literally starting his own business because so many people have asked him to make his famous oatmeal scotchies. He's building a website here: www.RenoCookieMan.com, so if you have a hanckering for some amazing cookies, drop him a line. Yes, I am unashamedly advertising for him.
While I've been in KC, my family has become active out of nowhere. They take bike rides together across the city, and my dad rides an average of 20 miles a day. It's kind of weird because we have never been very active as a rule. Lot's of things have changed but for the most part, life just goes on as usual.

1 comment:

KandJ said...

Thank you so much for coming... I know it wasn't super exciting, but it that type thing really means smething to dad. After you left we were talking about James and you could just tell how pleased he was that you make that kind of effort for him... He does know you love him greatly. Plus, it is always wonderful for me to see you :)